- Appearance: fine granulometry powder
- Category: Thickeners, Stabilizers
- E Number: E407 E407a
- CAS No: 9000-07-1
- HS Code: 1302391100
- Packing: 25kgs Per Woven Plastic Bag
- Storage: Kept in cool and dry place
- Grade: Food Grade, Pharmaceutical Grade
- Product Details
LIFELONG CHEMICAL is a professional Carrageenan supplier, factory and manufacturer since 1995. If you plan to buy Carrageenan powder, or to cooperate with China Carrageenan manufacturers, factory directly, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com We always put quality at the first place and offer the best price, As a leading China Carrageenan manufacturers, we look forward to cooperating with you.
Please feel free to contact us for more detailed information on Carrageenan.
- Iota Carrageenan
- Iota Refined Carrageenan
- Iota Semi-Refined Carrageenan
- Kappa Carrageenan
- Kappa Refined Carrageenan
- Kappa Semi-Refined Carrageenan
- Carrageenan 1200
- Carrageenan 1300
- Carrageenan 1450
Kappa Refined Carrageenan CAS No 11114-20-8 Food Grade Additives
1. Carrageenan is a white or off-white, odorless powder, extracted mainly from Chondrus ocellatus. Kappahycus alvarezii and Eucheuma cottonii. It has a high water solubility which is completely dissolved at 80 to form a heat reversible gel. i.e. turns into solution when heated, forms a gel when cooled down.
2. Carrageenan has been used as a natural food additives all over the world for long history. It's a harmless vegetable fiber which cannot be digested by humans. Carrageenan has gelling, thickneing, emulsifying, membrane and stabilizing properties. When carrageenan is applied in combination with other food gels, the synergies between them canb greatly improve the gelling effect, contributing to a higher gel elasticity and better water retention.
3. As a gelling agent, thickening agent or suspending agent, carrageenan is widely used in the production of jellies, chewy candies, beverages, meat products, dairy products, baking products, and sauces, The 70% total dietary fiber content also makes carrageenan a popular material in nutritional foods.
|Appearance||White to yellowish powder or granule||Qualified|
|Particle size||95% passed 80 mesh||Qualified|
Gel strength(TA.XT) (1.5%+0.2%KCl 20 ℃)/g/cm2
|Loss on drying(105℃,4h),w/%||≤12.0||11.5|
|Ash(550℃) , w/%||15-40||19.9|
|Acid-insoluble ash, w/%||≤1||Qualified|
|Acid-insoluble matter, w/%||≤2||Qualified|
|Solvent residues, w/%||≤0.1||Qualified|
|Lead (Pb) /mg/kg||≤5.0||Qualified|
|Arsenic (As) /mg/kg||≤3.0||Qualified|
|Mercury (Hg) /mg/kg||≤1.0||Qualified|
|Cadmium (Cd) /mg/kg||≤2.0||Qualified|
|Total plate count/(CFU/g)||≤5000||200|
|Yeast and moulds/(CFU/g)||≤300||Qualified|
|E.Coli||Absent in 5g||Qualified|
|Salmonella||Absent in 5g||Qualified|
Medicinal grade carrageenan
Medicinal grade carrageenan we have kappa and iota two types. It is based on food grade carrageenan, and mainly used in capsule shell production, and have low viscosity, high purity, good transparency and stability features. r used in soft candy and ice cream production.
Food grade carrageenan
Food grade carrageenan have kappa refined, kappa semi-refined, iota refined, iota semi-refined four types. It can be as a good food firming agent, it can replace agar or pectin in jelly production. It's high transparency and elasticity, stability and emulsibility can be better used in soft candy and ice cream production.
If you have any inquiry on Carrageenan, please feel free to contact us.